Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday : This Book Is Overdue!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



In an information age full of Google-powered searches, free-by-Bittorrent media downloads and Wiki-powered knowledge databases, the librarian may seem like an antiquated concept. Author and editor Johnson is here to reverse that notion with a topical, witty study of the vital ways modern librarians uphold their traditional roles as educators, archivists, and curators of a community legacy. Illuminating the state of the modern librarian with humor and authority, Johnson showcases librarians working on the cutting edge of virtual reality simulations, guarding the Constitution and redefining information services-as well as working hard to serve and satisfy readers, making this volume a bit guilty of long-form reader flattery. Johnson's wry report is a must-read for anyone who's used a library in the past quarter century.
This title will be released on February 2, 2010.
 
What's your "waiting on" pick this week? Leave your link here.

11 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I'm on the reserve list at my library for this book. Really looking forward to it!

Jill said...

I recently heard about this one and added it to my list. Love the title, the cover, and the concept!

Alayne said...

So cute! My pick is at The Crowded Leaf.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

yes, yes, I'm hoping to read this one as well; great pick!

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

The cover is awesome! I am definitely adding this to my list. Here is my WoW: http://tinyurl.com/y9f6bvo

joyh82 said...

Wow, I need to find a copy of this book. Thanks for posting, have a great week.

Zibilee said...

I very much want to own this book. Great pick, it is going right to the top of the wish list. Thanks!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

LOL I've heard this book is great!

Anonymous said...

That cover rocks!

Veens said...

So TRUE! I would love to get this book for ME!

nomadreader said...

I'm a librarian, but I had not heard about this book. I just pre-ordered this one. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...