by Ursula Vernon
Dial Books (January 6, 2015)
Fantasy chapter book
Danny’s super-annoying cousin Spencer has been kidnapped by knights, every dragon’s worst enemy. After briefly enjoying the peace, Danny and friends go to his rescue.
Why You'll Love It:
- My kiddos at school are always excited about a new Dragonbreath addition. It's a no-brainer.
- Okay, still need convincing? Ursula Vernon’s witty passages will have readers chuckling. The description of Danny’s cousin is particularly funny: “If there had been a world championship for Most Annoying Cousin, Spencer would win every time. Then he’d whine until somebody carried the trophy for him.”
- Appealing comic-book-style illustrations appear throughout, enhancing the humor. For example, Wendell explains the composition of the moat that surrounds the castle by pointing to a visual aid labeled glop, ooze, and mafia informant.
Great for grades 2-5.
What Else You Should Read:
- Fear the Amoeba (Squish series) by Jennifer Holm
- The Gumazing Gum Girl by Rhode Montijo
- The Flying Beaver Brothers series by Maxwell Eaton III