Friday, January 29, 2010

Amy Einhorn Perpetual Challenge and Non-Fiction Challenge

Note the word perpetual in the title. This loophole is what permitted me to sign up for yet another challenge -- it's no pressure with no deadline! And, seriously, pretty much every book in the Einhorn imprint is on my wishlist anyway. So, here we go...

This challenge is the brainchild of a few of my favorite bloggers (I found it at Beth Fish Reads) and currently includes 14 titles. For full rules, guidelines, and sign up info, visit here.

Here are some of the titles I'm especially looking forward to for this challenge:

  • Bad Things Happen by Harry Dolan- David Loogan finds his violent past catching up with him after his friend and boss, Tom Kristoll, publisher of the mystery magazine David works for, is murdered and David becomes the prime suspect, and, as more bodies are found in circumstances that match the plots of some of the magazine's murder stories, David must prove his innocence before he is arrested or becomes the killer's next victim.
  • The Kingdom of Ohio by Matthew Flaming- An elderly antiques dealer must revisit his past when an old photograph brings back haunting memories and the woman in the photograph, math prodigy Cheri-Anne Toledo, claims she knows the way to the lost Kingdom of Ohio and holds the secret to changing the fabric of the past.
  • The Postmistress by Sarah Blake- The lives of two women in a small Cape Cod town are impacted by the radio broadcasts of Frankie Bard, an American journalist in London who hopes that by revealing details of World War II she will encourage the United States to take up the cause.
  • The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O'Connor McNees
I'll link my reviews here as I write them...


MySpace Codes



I read quite a bit of nonfiction, so I figure this challenge is a no-brainer for me. Click here for complete rules and sign-up info.

I'm going for six books, but will most likely read many more. I'll post here as I review them.

  1. Dead End Gene Pool by Wendy Burden

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

I was so disappointed with The Postmistress. I had fully expected to love it based on the description, but it just didn't work for me.

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

Oh, no! Well, maybe I'll check out some of the other books first...

distractedmusician said...

I love perpetual challenges - so much less stressful! Haha.


I have an award for you here!

Sorry to hear about the Postmistess, Suzanne. That was one I'd wanted to read.

Literary Feline said...

Whoever came up with the "perpetual" challenge idea in the first place really had a good idea. :-) I wish you luck with this one. Your chosen books sound good. I was disappointed that The Postmistress had gotten poor reviews as it does sound like it would be good. Perhaps you will be in the group that likes it though.

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

I've read both good and bad things about Postmistress; I suppose that goes for pretty much every book, though...

Marie Cloutier said...

Perpetual challenges are such a great idea! I shy away from challenges because I dislike deadlines, self-imposed or otherwise, but I could handle a Perpetual one! :-)

Beth F said...

Welcome to the challenge!!! Hope it turns out to be a great one for you. We have lots of good things planned.

Michele said...

I thought *I* was the only one who used that perpetual thing as a loophole, LOL!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Truth is Stranger than Fiction Challenge! Looking forward to your reviews!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...