This challenge is the brainchild of a few of my favorite bloggers (I found it at Beth Fish Reads) and currently includes 14 titles. For full rules, guidelines, and sign up info, visit here.
Here are some of the titles I'm especially looking forward to for this challenge:
- Bad Things Happen by Harry Dolan- David Loogan finds his violent past catching up with him after his friend and boss, Tom Kristoll, publisher of the mystery magazine David works for, is murdered and David becomes the prime suspect, and, as more bodies are found in circumstances that match the plots of some of the magazine's murder stories, David must prove his innocence before he is arrested or becomes the killer's next victim.
- The Kingdom of Ohio by Matthew Flaming- An elderly antiques dealer must revisit his past when an old photograph brings back haunting memories and the woman in the photograph, math prodigy Cheri-Anne Toledo, claims she knows the way to the lost Kingdom of Ohio and holds the secret to changing the fabric of the past.
- The Postmistress by Sarah Blake- The lives of two women in a small Cape Cod town are impacted by the radio broadcasts of Frankie Bard, an American journalist in London who hopes that by revealing details of World War II she will encourage the United States to take up the cause.
- The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O'Connor McNees
I read quite a bit of nonfiction, so I figure this challenge is a no-brainer for me. Click here for complete rules and sign-up info.
I'm going for six books, but will most likely read many more. I'll post here as I review them.
- Dead End Gene Pool by Wendy Burden