Friday, February 12, 2010

Naked in the Library

Just a fun little tidbit for my Friday morning readers...


Take a closer look at this Library of Congress mural that's been around since 1897...yup. They're naked dudes playing baseball.

Brett Smiley writes:

“There’s a mural on the ceiling of the Great Hall in the Library of Congress that very nearly blends in with the many others found in the room. But when you look closer, you’ll notice something peculiar: It depicts a bunch of naked guys holding baseball equipment. According to Susan Reyburn, a staff writer-editor at the library and coauthor of Baseball Americana, the mural has been around since the Library of Congress opened in 1897: ‘It’s one of about five images depicting ancient games, showing the Olympic ideal.’”...

7 comments:

Ash said...

I know I always like to play naked baseball in the library! Haha, this was a good start to my morning.

Aarti said...

Awesome! Haha- I didn't know that baseball was an ancient sport :-)

Misty said...

Naked baseball -- finally, something to make the sport interesting. ;p

Suko said...

Thanks for the laugh! This is hysterical! :D

Lisa said...

I would definitely start watching more baseball if the guys were playing nude. Wait--no, no I wouldn't. All that flopping around would not be attractive.

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

I personally thinks it's beautiful

Chrisbookarama said...

I'm with Lisa. At least the guys on the wall look good naked. Real baseball players: Oh my eyes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...