Saturday, October 10, 2009

Southern Festival of Books


I spent yesterday and today in downtown Nashville OD-ing on authors and book signings at the Southern Festival of Books. My love for this festival goes back a long way and is sort of a family tradition. My dad is a book fiend and haunter of library sales, my mom is a librarian, and I will be a librarian (officially) next summer. We've all been going to the festival for years now, and it's something we always look forward to every October. This year didn't disappoint (except for when it rained cats and dogs and all the books on sale got wet and curled up!)

Here are just a few of the highlights of the festival for me:

For a list of all authors and sessions at the festival, click here.

And here are the books I snagged this weekend:







7 comments:

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

That sounds like it's an awesome festival. I've been wanting to read Jane Austen Ruined My Life. Can't wait for your review on that one.

L said...

I've read Beth's book. It is a lot of fun. Some of the best Jane Austen fan fic I've read this year.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are having a great time, I am. It was so nice to meet you yesterday. Maybe we can bump into each other today :) PS Tell your mom that I think she is super sweet for introducing us.

Veens said...

wow! Love festivals :)
I have copied the pics of 2 books for my wednesday cover attraction post! :) :)

I have linked to your post :)

Violet said...

oh you got Moose, I'm a huge fan of Stephanie Klein, not her books but her blog, but anyway I'm envious :)

Booklogged said...

Salt Lake City's Festival isn't until the 24th, but I'm looking forward to attending. My daughter has arranged with Shannon Hale's agent to briefly interview her on video.

You books look really good. How exciting to get to hear all those authors. Which was your favorite? Good Things I Wish You sounds interesting. Looking forward to your reviews.

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Look at your wonderful books! There are several that look soooo good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...