Tuesday, December 1, 2009

War through the Generations 2010 Challenge


War Through the Generation’s 2010 reading challenge will be the Vietnam War.  The challenge will run from January 1, 2010, through December 31, 2010. I'm really excited about getting in on the challenge this year!

Rules:
This year you have options when reading your fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels, etc. with the Vietnam War as the primary or secondary theme.
Books can take place before, during, or after the war.
Books from other challenges count so long as they meet the above criteria.

I'm going with the beginner's level:

Dip: Read 5 books in any genre with the Vietnam War as a primary or secondary theme.
  •  Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell
  • The Sorrow of War by Bao Minh
  • If I die in a Combat Zone: Box me up and Ship me home by Tim O'Brien
  • Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers
  • In Pharaoh's Army by Tobias Wolff
Note: If you haven't read any Tim O'Brien yet, put him at the TOP of your list!!!

4 comments:

Veens said...

i joined last year and never completed this one! i dnt have any books on this.. :(

Nina said...

Sounds like a informative challenge. I hope you will like it.

Anna said...

I'm thrilled you've joined our challenge! Looks like a great selection of books. I agree that Tim O'Brien is great, and I read "If I Die in a Combat Zone" in college. Had a nice discussion with my dad (a Vietnam vet) about his experiences afterward. Thanks for signing up!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Michele said...

Okay, I'll be right there with you for this challenge....I made a note of Tim O'Brien. Never heard of him so I'll go on a hunt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...