by Buzz Aldrin & Marianne Dyson
National Geographic (Sep. 1, 2015)
Astronaut Buzz Aldrin challenges curious kids to think about Mars as not just a faraway red planet but as a possible future home for Earthlings! What will your new home be like? How will you get there? What will you eat for breakfast?
Why You'll Love It:
- Besides being a living legend in the aerospace field, Aldrin isn't new to writing children's books -- check out one of his other successful writing ventures below in the "What Else You Should Read" section.
- The book contains a topographical map of Mars as well as a description of tools you'd need on Mars in order to explore.
- The book incorporates real photography and digital illustrations throughout and they enhance but never overwhelm the enthusiastic writing.
Great for grades 4-7...and here's the educator's guide!
What Else You Should Read:
- The Mighty Mars Rovers by Elizabeth Rusch
- Reaching for the Moon by Buzz Aldrin
- You Are the First Kid on Mars by Patrick O'Brien