by Mac Barnett and Jory John; illustrations by Kevin Cornell
Amulet Books (Jan.13, 2015)
When master prankster Miles Murphy moves to sleepy Yawnee Valley, he challenges the local, mystery prankster in an epic battle of tricks but soon the two join forces to pull off the biggest prank ever seen.
Why You'll Love It:
- The humor is deadpan and slightly quirky. For example, the fictional town of Yawnee Valley is famous for one thing -- cows -- and random cow facts are peppered throughout the book.
- The short chapters and fast pace build confidence in struggling readers.
- It's a great new book to suggest to students who have already read all of your "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" read-alikes.
Great for grades 4-6...and here's the book trailer:
What Else You Should Read:
- I Funny series by James Patterson
- Timmy Failure series by Stephan Pastis
- Pickle: The (Formerly) Anonymous Prank Club of Fountain Point Middle School by Kim Baker