Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Top 10 Nonfiction Circulating Books...So Far

Blogger extraordinare Travis Jonker of 100 Scope Notes fame posts the top circulating books in each category every spring from his school library's collection. It's a great way to see what kids really want to read, not just what gets great reviews or what the adults THINK the kiddos should be reading.

I love to see what books are also popular here at our school library and sometimes I see one I don't have yet and really need to order. So, I thought I'd run some reports and see what's a hit halfway through the year here at my school and post it by category: nonfiction, chapter books, picture books, and graphic novels. Here goes!

 10. Pteranodon : the giant of the sky by David West

I love that this book made the list! It's a nonfiction picture book length book in a graphic novel format and my young ones love it.


 




9. Origami Birds and Butterflies by Lisa Miles

We are in the middle of an origami craze in the library. My free origami paper when you check out an origami book might have something to do with it...

8. Miami Heat by K.C. Kelley

Can't beat the basketball books. No brainer.


7. I Spy Extreme Challenger by Walter Wick

The I Spy books remain a perennial favorite. Definitely need to replace a few of our well-loved copies.


6. Lego Harry Potter: Building the Magical World by Elizabeth Dowsett

Although the Harry Potter books themselves are not moving off the shelves much these days, anything LEGO is HUGE!





5. Tennessee Titans by Tim Robinson

With the Titans playing about 45 minutes north of us, it's no surprise this book remains in pretty much constant circulation.







4. Minecraft Combat Handbook (and others in the series)

Frankly, I'm surprised this one isn't in the #1 slot! These books are never on the shelf, and the hold list for all the Minecraft titles is a mile long.







3. Ripley's Believe It Or Not: Strikingly True

Ahh Ripley's...the reluctant reader's best friend. I love it when a group is gathered around a table during checkout time and says, "Mrs. Counts! You've gotta come see this!" Books like these really highlight the communal side of reading and of sharing our reading experiences with others.




 2. Minecraft Essential Handbook

There you are again, Minecraft!


1. Ripley's Believe It Or Not 2014

Snakes in nose = genius.








Also check out the Chapter Book and Picture Book Top 10 Lists!

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amanda,
I love seeing what your kids are reading and can't wait to check out the lists to come! I'm adding some of your titles to my list of books to order.

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

I'm excited to see your lists as well :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...