by B. J. Novak
Dial (Sep. 30, 2014)
Picture Book -- kind of...
A book with no pictures “probably seems boring and serious. Except . . . Everything the words say, the person reading the book has to say." Genius!!!
Why You'll Love It:
- If you love yelling, singing, and being generally goofy while reading to kids (like I do), this book was MADE for you!
- Dynamic design, judicious use of color, and varied typeface and font size all work together to bring personality and expression to the story.
- The text is presented through artful typography that visually conveys its changing tone to guide oral readings.
- It has the words "Boo Boo Butt" in it.
I mean. Really anyone and everyone. But especially great for K-2 crowds. And here's a video...please watch!
What Else You Should Read:
There's really nothing else quite like this, but if I had to make a suggestion...
- This Book Just Ate My Dog by Richard Byrne
- Z is for Moose by Kelly Bingham
- The Pigeon books by Mo Willems