Thursday, September 18, 2014

Dot Day: Make Your Mark

I'm thankful for the little things in life.

Like having amazing colleagues that love to work together and collaborate with their librarian.

I guess that's not really a little thing after all.

Dot Day Peter Reynolds art project collaboration


Each year my art teacher and I co-teach classes on Dot Day, which is a celebration of the book The Dot by Peter Reynolds. It's a book all about inspiring creativity in young minds.

Dot by Peter Reynolds elementary school library art


This year we hosted 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade classes to read The Dot with us and make their own dot.

1st Grade made 3D art sculptures:

3D art sculptures first grade Dot Day Projects Peter Reynolds


2nd grade made dot flowers:

second grade made dot flowers for Dot Day in the library collaboration project


3rd grade made aluminum dots (which I somehow didn't get a pic of...)


We both look forward to Dot Day each year and seeing the creativity in our students!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Where was this book when my artist was growing up?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...