Saturday, September 13, 2014

This Librarian's Quick Picks: My Teacher is a Monster! (No, I Am Not) by Peter Brown

picture book children's literature Peter Brown
My Teacher is a Monster! (No, I Am Not)
by Peter Brown
Little, Brown (July 1, 2014)
Picture Book

Summary in a Sentence:

Bobby thinks his teacher, Ms. Kirby, is horrible, but when he sees her outside of school and they spend a day in the park together, he discovers she might not be so bad after all.

Why You'll Love It:
  • Brown uses a cartoon-type format with panels and speech bubbles, varying the pace with full-page art, in a story that students and teachers will enjoy equally
  • At the heart of the awkward-pause-filled humor are Bobby and Ms. Kirby’s marvelous facial expressions.
  • Brown makes it clear that teachers are people too-even the "mean" ones.

Who should read it:

Great for grades K-2...and here's the activity kit.


My Teacher is a Monster inside illustration Peter Brown

What else you should read:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks like a fun book!

Lisa said...

Definitely looks like one my kids would have liked when they were young!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...