Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Mini Review: Lost Girls by Heather Young

The Lost Girls
by Heather Young
William Morrow, 2016
Literary Fiction

What's It All About?

In the summer of 1935, six-year-old Emily Evans vanished from her family's vacation home on a remote Minnesota lake. The loss devastated the family. Sixty-four years later, Emily's sister Lucy writes the story of that harrowing summer in a notebook that she bequeaths, along with the lake house and a hefty investment portfolio, to her grandniece, Justine.


“How terrible to die without finishing a book, she thought. Never to know the end of the story.”
Who Should Read It?

Read this book if you don't mind waiting a REALLY long time for any action to happen in the plot. The book builds and builds to a rather anti-climactic climax that is ultimately not very surprising. 

I'd give it a pass.

What Should I Read Instead?


What If I Don't Believe You?

Don't take my word for it! Check out these other reviews: 

Smart B***hes, Trashy Books | The Misstery

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not one to wait too long for things to get started, so this may be something I want to steer clear of. I appreciate the way that you put things down here with suggestions of other books that may be more suitable. Nicely done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...