Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What I'm Reading: The Genius of Suzanne Collins





I find it almost embarrassing to write this post.


Okay, I'm just going to come out with it: I just now read the Hunger Games trilogy.

I read SO MANY glowing reviews of these books that I was prepared for a letdown. Nothing can live up to this kind of hype right? Um, wrong. These books are fantasmagoric. I spent my Christmas vacation inhaling this trilogy. I'm totally ready for a movie, lots of fan fiction, and taking quizzes about what my Hunger Games nickname will be. Yes, there is really a way to figure out these things.

If you haven't read these books, no matter who you are, boy or girl, YA freak or foe, you need to go pick them up now.

P.S. There's a Hunger Games drinking game. Tee hee.

7 comments:

Ivana said...

Hihi, I have also just read the Hunger Games and Catching Fire, now I'm halfway through Mockingjay. And I also felt slightly embarrassed for not having read it sooner. :) Yes, it's awesome!
Best wishes for the New Year!

Natalie said...

Don't you just love it when books live up the crazy amount of hype they got? Lol. I wasn't all that impressed with Mockingjay, but I thought the first two books in the series were phenomenal.

Veens said...

I have not read it yet, so dontcha worry :)

Marie Cloutier said...

LOL, okay :) Love your enthusiasm for these books! :-)

Zibilee said...

I listened to this series on audio with my husband, and while we absolutely loved the first two books, we felt let down by the third. I can't say that I loved the military and close feel of Mockingjay, but the other two were so wonderful that we were always trying to figure out ways to get more time to listen. I am glad to hear that you had such a good time with the books as well. Collins is a hell of an author! Are you planning on reading her other earlier series as well? I am not sure if I will, but have been thinking about it

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

I have not read the series yet..other books seem to keep getting in the way. I am glad they lived up to the hype!

Unknown said...

I am finally reading these books at the insistence of my younger daughter. She has been claiming that this is the best book series ever so I decided to give them a try. I really enjoyed The Hunger Games and I'm just starting Catching Fire. Glad I found your site Amanda!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...