by Ryan T. Higgins
Disney-Hyperion (Nov. 24, 2015)
What It's About:
Bruce the bear likes to keep to himself. That, and eat eggs. But when his hard-boiled goose eggs turn out to be real, live goslings, he starts to lose his appetite. And even worse, the goslings are convinced he’s their mother. Bruce tries to get the geese to go south, but he can’t seem to rid himself of his new companions. What’s a bear to do?
Why You'll Love It:
- Ryan’s illustrations demonstrate a great range of movement and emotion, giving each page depth, with humorous details mixed in throughout.
- Curmudgeonly Bruce and his devoted goslings will win readers over, especially as Bruce grows to love the geese against his better judgment.
- This book is laugh-out-loud funny, and its clever jokes will entertain adults and children alike.
- Bonus for librarians: Ryan has visited nearly 100 elementary schools in the past year to promote his work. His genuine interest in engaging children in his books really shines through.
Great for PreK-1st grade.
What Else You Should Read:
- Children Make Terrible Pets by Peter Brown
- Duck! Rabbit! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Goodnight Already! by Jory John